The Patient Care Services Nursing Practice Committee reviews, revises and communicates standards of practice for professional nursing at MGH. This work includes reviewing and approving new products and practice recommendations, and communicating outcomes and revisions to staff throughout Patient Care Services.
- Consult and approve standards of practice including clinical care and documentation guidelines.
- Approve clinical practice recommendations.
- Determine and communicate standards for professional nursing practice at MGH.
- Communicate committee outcomes throughout Patient Care Services and to others, as appropriate.
- Communicate changes and additions to clinical pathways.
- Approve clinical product selections.
- Engage in joint projects with other Collaborative Governance committees.
- Align the work of the committee with PCS strategic goals.
- All registered nurses in PCS are eligible to apply during the annual application process.
- In order to provide a forum for staff nurses to raise and discuss issues integral to their practices, the committee leaders seek to recruit predominantly registered staff nurses and maintain some membership positions for advanced practice nurses and nurses in leadership positions.
- Applications are occasionally accepted from professional staff outside of PCS and will be recommended based upon the needs of the committee.
- Annually, committee leaders recommend applicants to the Senior Vice President and Chief Nurse based upon the committee’s needs. Generally, the committee leaders recommend not more than one representative per patient care unit.
2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month, 1:00-2:30pm
Yawkey 2210 Satter Conference Room
Co-Chairs: Maureen Beaulieu, RN, Staff Nurse, Emergency Department
Coach: Joanne Empoliti, RN, Clinical Nurse Specialist, White 6, Orthopedics