Nursing and Patient Care Services Guiding Principles
Maintaining the highest standards of patient care delivery is a never-ending process that involves the patient, family, nurse, all healthcare providers, and the community-at-large.
What values do we want to uphold as we strive toward our vision?
- We are ever-alert for opportunities to improve patient care; we provide care based on the latest research findings.
- We recognize the importance of encouraging patients and families to participate in the decisions affecting their care.
- We are most effective as a team; we continually strengthen our relationships with each other and actively promote diversity within our staff.
- We enhance patient care and the systems supporting that care as we work with others; we eagerly enter new partnerships with people inside and outside of the Massachusetts General Hospital.
- We never lose sight of the needs and expectations of our patients and their families as we make clinical decisions based on the most effective use of internal and external resources.
- We view learning as a lifelong process essential to the growth and development of clinicians striving to deliver quality patient care.
- We acknowledge that maintaining the highest standards of patient care delivery is a never-ending process that involves the patient, family, nurse, all healthcare providers, and the community-at-large.